|WHAT IS SUGGESTOPEDIA?
Suggestopedia is a teaching model developed by a Bulgarian,
Dr. Georgi Lozanov, at the University of Sofia in Bulgaria
in the 60's. Dr. Lozanov was a pioneer in that Suggestopedia
was the first of the various cutting-edge brain friendly
learning techniques which are utilized in progressive classrooms
There are two phases incorporated in this approach:
Students learn new information very quickly and efficiently
in a state of light relaxation accompanied by Baroque or
classical music. This new material which has been acquired
3 to 5 times faster than with traditional learning techniques,
is now stored passively in the brain. It is then activated
by means of creative, interactive and communicative learning
techniques, i.e. grammar games, role play, etc. which contribute
not only to recall and retention but also to the communication
skills and personality development of the students.
WHAT IS SUPERLEARNING?
SUPERLEARNING is BRAIN FRIENDLY LEARNING.
Variations of it are known in the U.S.A. as ACCELERATED
LEARNING and in many parts of Europe as (W)HOLISTIC
LEARNING (Ganzheitliches Lernen, Neues Lernen).
SUPERLEARNING has Lozanov's original methodology
SUGGESTOPEDIA at its core but incorporates other
brain friendly approaches as well:
NLP, guided fantasy, visualization and relaxation techniques,
Mindmapping, Brain Gym, Howard Gardner's Multiple Intelligences,
mnemotechniques, metaphors and stories, etc.
to optimize the learning process.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THESE APPROACHES?
- You will address the learning needs and styles of every
student in your class.
- You will guarantee a higher and faster success rate
- You will increase retention and recall of material and
- You will instil higher confidence and self-esteem in
- You will promote the creativity as well as the learning
and social competence of your students.
- You will create a pleasant, cooperative and fun learning
environment in your classroom.
- You will have motivated students coming to your classes
-- students who have rediscovered the joy of learning.
motivated students make motivated teachers!!
Experience has shown that brain friendly learning is faster,
more efficient and more enjoyable. Individual needs and
learning styles are addressed. The students' creativity,
social behavior and well-being are enhanced. There is a
constant flow of feedback in a pleasant and encouraging
learning environment. The students are motivated. And you
The certified Suggestopedia Training consists of 90 60-minute
lessons, which include the following SLL seminars:
- Introduction to Suggestopedia / Superlearning (This
seminar module is a prerequisite for the Suggestopedia
Basic Training Course)
- Suggestopedia / Superlearning Methods Course
- Nonverbal Classroom Management (It is possible to attend
these two modules before, after or during the certification
- Creative Learning Techniques (It is possible to attend
this module before, after or during the certification
- Personality Development is an integral part of the entire
- There is no Suggestopedia;
There are only suggestopedic teachers."
- I teach what I am"
(Dr. Georgi Lozanov)
- Mastering the entire palette of suggestopedic and brain
friendly learning techniques. The emphasis is not on a
dogmatic suggestopedic method, but rather that the participants
learn the most important elements of Suggestopedia and
brain friendly learning techniques. And that they begin
to apply these elements to their personality, in their
workplaces and to their classrooms.
- Preparation of a complete suggestopedic unit for each
participant's particular teaching or training situation.
This includes writing a suggestopedic text as well as
preparing a lesson plan for the unit. With the help of
this text and material, the participants will have the
opportunity during the training course to practice all
of the suggestopedic techniques presented and they will
also return to their own classrooms with tried and tested
- Another element represented throughout the entire course
is the principle: experience -- analyze -- adapt.
For example, activities and games, which are used during
the course to teach the principles of Suggestopedia are
first experienced, then analyzed and finally the participants
can adapt them to their own teaching situation.
FURTHER TOPICS DEALT WITH IN THE TRAINING COURSE:
- Introduction to Suggestopedia using Suggestopedia and
other learner-centered methodologies
- The history and theory of Suggestopedia / Superlearning
- Training in all of the important and basic state-of-the-art
- Training in all elements of the suggestopedic cycle
as well as elegant transitions from one activity to the
- Demonstration of a suggestopedic lesson either in a
foreign language or observing a school class being taught
- The rhythmitization of the learning process
- Suggestopedic correction. Work with verbal and nonverbal
suggestion, desuggestion (eliminating learning barriers).
- Multi-modal (visual, auditory and Kinesthetic) learning
styles and teaching (NLP). Introduction to Howard Gardner's
Theory of Multiple Intelligences.
- The use and effect of music in teaching: Centering,
Decoding, the Session, Activation, relaxation techniques,
guided imagery, etc.
- Writing suggestopedic texts, teaching and learning materials.
Adapting textbook materials to Suggestopedia.
- Presentations of participants' own work within the training
group and feedback.
- Suggestopedia and its adaptation to different teaching
situations: public schools, various grade levels, adult
education, intensive courses, various subject matter,
FURTHER INFORMATION: email@example.com